Abdominal pains can be caused by a variety of things, but you don't have to suffer. Drs. Naveen Reddy, Mihaela Batke, and Veslav Stecevic can help you. The Livonia and Clarkston, MI, physicians have the information you need to recover.
What is abdominal pain?
Abdominal pain is a common worldwide issue that's characterized by sharp, dull, intermittent, or constant pain in the lower chest and pelvic areas of your body.
What are the causes of abdominal pain?
The Livonia and Clarkston physicians specialize in understanding the causes of abdominal pain, which are numerous, but may be a result of infections or inflammation.
Depending on the location of pain, your medical providers determine the cause.
How do doctors identify your abdominal problems?
Doctors find out what's wrong based on the type of pain described and where it is located. The abdomen is divided into four parts, or quadrants:
- Upper right quadrant: Pain in this area may be associated with liver or gallbladder problems.
- Upper left quadrant: This area consists of the stomach, spleen and the pancreas.
- Lower quadrants: Pain in this areas is usually due to gynecological problems, appendicitis or intestinal issues.
When your doctor identifies the location, they can decide whether further tests and treatments are necessary.
More on abdominal pain?
Abdominal pain isn't always serious and can be treated with medication or diet changes. Here is some more on abdominal pain:
- Acute abdominal pain: It happens suddenly and is a result of a stomach virus or gas.
- Ongoing or chronic, abdominal pain: This is attributed to ulcers, or irritable bowel syndrome.
Serious cases may warrant medical attention, like abdominal pain after,
- An accident
- During pregnancy
- Fever present while the abdomen is tender to the touch
- Pain lasts more than a few hours
- Vomiting blood
- Passing bloody or tar-like stools
Need a consultation?
Interested in treatment for abdominal pain from Endoscopic Solutions? Call our Livonia or Clarkston, MI, doctors today to learn more!